On September 4th, 2011 some of the most destructive wildfires ever to sweep through Central Texas ravaged an incredibly beautiful part of the state, including a pine tree unique to the area known as the loblolly pine. These trees, the loblollys, are thought to have originated in or before the Pleistocene Era and were heavily affected by the fire.
Known as the Labor Day Fires, the destruction left in its wake was horrific: Two people were killed,1,673 homes were destroyed, with an estimated $325 million of insured property damage inflicted on the area.
This shot was taken on my way to see my friend Robert. One of the many folks who lost his home (but not his fighting spirit) to those fires.
Card details ~
- All cards are handmade in Austin, TX.
- Card price includes one card and one envelope.
- Cards are blank inside.
- Card size is 5” x 7” (folded).
- All card stock and envelopes are made from 100% recycled materials.
- Each card has a 4" x 6" photo adhered to the front of the card ~ not printed on the front but attached with an acid-free adhesive.
- They look great in 5” x 7” frames!
- I am continually adding images to my catalog.
- If you would like to discuss wholesale or consignment arrangements, or if you have any questions at all about my work, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much for stopping by!